Sandal season is almost here. From Grecian-inspired flats to towering stiletto versions, stocking up on sandals in various styles is a must. Continue reading
Stay up on the latest fashion trends, style tips and beauty news. Continue reading
If you’ve got a formal soiree you need to get dolled up for, these leading ladies offer up lots of outfit inspiration. Vote for your fave look. Continue reading
This will most likely be the last WIB post you’ll see for a while. In a couple of weeks, I’ll be moving into my first home and I’ve made the executive decision that all unnecessary spending (read: purchases not related to decorating/furnishing my new place) must cease and desist. I know, I know — tragic. But it’s a sacrifice I’m more than willing to make!
So in anticipation of this spending freeze, over the past few weeks I stocked up on spring pieces I’ve been coveting that had finally been marked down. I didn’t go crazy with the shopping. I just picked up a couple items to help freshen up my existing wardrobe — and that could carry me for a while until I decide to shop more regularly for clothing, shoes and accessories again.
Here’s what I got:
1. Trenchcoat, $29,95, hm.com (no longer available online): I’ve got another trenchcoat that hits mid-thigh, but had been on the hunt for a longer version (i.e., below the knee) for a while. So when I spotted this one on H&M’s Web site — for that price — me buying it was a no-brainer. It would even look cute worn as a dress, too.
2. ASOS Clutch Bag With Radiator Quilting, $37.63, asos.com: I had every type of clutch you could think of except for a solid all-black one. ASOS is one of my go-to sites and their clutch section is the stuff affordable (and stylish) handbag dreams are made of. I tend to gravitate towards accessory items with subtle details that help make them look more expensive than they really are, so the contrast quilting on this bag made it a must-have.
3. ASOS Midi Skirt in Abstract Print, bought on sale for under $60, asos.com: I can’t say enough about how much I l-o-v-e this skirt. I plan on wearing it with everything — bold bright tops, printed blouses and I might even breakdown and test out the crop top trend. The pleating is very ladylike, but the print makes it funky.
4. T by Alexander Wang Sheer Panel Striped Pullover, $79 (marked down from $275), barneyswarehouse.com: This is one of those pieces that you can get so many wears from — tucked into a pencil skirt, worn with a slim-fit pant in vibrant color like cobalt blue or with your favorite pair of distressed jeans.
5. Vacay D’Orsay Flats, $49.99 (marked down from $79), ninewest.com: These adorable color-block flats have been discounted even more since I originally bought them during Nine West’s Friends & Family sale a couple weeks ago for $59. This shoe style is one of spring’s biggest footwear trends and will be in heavy rotation this season.
Keep it stylish,