Now that I’ve been posting here for a few weeks, I thought it was time to properly introduce myself . . . with a peek inside my make-up bag. I like a pretty natural look and am notoriously bad at getting my make-up on before I leave the house in the morning. The only thing I’m guaranteed to do before getting in the car is apply SPF. So, my beauty bag contains some go-to products and a few extras, in case I need to take my look from day to night in a pinch.
Here are the 12 products I must have on hand at all times:
1. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Oil: This is the most multitasking product I own. I constantly wear it on my lips and often use it to give my bronzer a creamier look. It costs $28 at Sephora.com.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: Before you gasp at the $43 price tag, the lightweight texture of this tinted moisturizer offers enough coverage to smooth out your complexion and mask any blemishes. So, if you live in a city where the warm weather months are hot and hazy, it’s money well spent.
4. Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiaging & Antiwrinkle Concealer: I use a dab of this concealer ($22) under my eyes. It’s not cakey and it blends well.
5. I don’t usually wear eyeshadow as part of my everyday look, but keep a couple on hand just in case. MAC’s Club ($15) is a smoky brown with pretty green accents. Stila’s Pewter ($18) is a shimmery gray-black.
6. Shisheido Eyelash Curler: I’ve always subscribed to the eyelash curler as torture device ethos, but my lashes look so much better when they’re curled. And this one is a steal at $19.
7. Chanel’s Rouge Coco Shine lipstick in Bonheur ($34) is a staple in my make-up bag. I’m more of a gloss girl, but this is great if I’m particularly dressed up or heading out after work. It’s a gorgeous berry color and feels more like balm than lipstick.
8. Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara: It’s taken me a while to get used to this mascara’s chunky applicator, but I’ll sacrifice the extra space in my bag, because it lengthens and darkens my lashes without making them clumpy — and only costs $17.50.
9. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch: This concealer instantly brightens my undereye area — but it’s pretty steep at $40. So, I’ve found other ways to help combat dark circles such as sticking spoons in the freezer and popping them on tired eyes.
10. Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner in #102 Beryl: This eyeliner ($34) is another of my eye brightening techniques. I swipe a little of the shimmery lilac shade along my bottom inner-lid. It helps make the white part of my eye stand out.
11. My make-up brushes are pretty nondescript. I have a few from an old Sephora set and a couple from Target. This Sonia Kashuk one is a bargain at $12.99 and is great for applying bronzer.
12. This Jane Iredale Bronzing Powder in So Bronze 2 bronzer keeps me looking sun-kissed, but is definitely a splurge item at $42. To make it stretch, I layer it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun! ($30) for a soft glow.
READER’S TAKE: What are the must-have items in your make-up bag? Share in the comments section below.